In submitting this Grant Application, please note the following general guidelines:
1. The Catholic Foundation does not award grants toward:
- Capital improvements or repair work on buildings
- “Brick and mortar” projects to include, but not limited to, painting, flooring, electrical, plumbing, roofing or repair of structural building deficiencies
2. Only those parishes, missions, schools and other Catholic-affiliated organizations that are located or operate within the diocesan boundaries may apply for a grant.
3. Only one (1) Grant Application for each applicant may be submitted. Please carefully consider your highest priority need!
4. Religious education materials included as part of a funding request must conform to requirements established by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. As to parishes specifically, although the Catholic Foundation does award grants for religious education materials, please be advised that the parish has a primary responsibility to provide such materials as an ordinary budget item. Accordingly, unless the Grant Application sufficiently demonstrates extraordinary need or circumstances, the Catholic Foundation will likely decline requests to fund religious education materials that the parish ought to provide as a matter of course.
5. Under guidance from the Diocese of Pueblo, the Catholic Foundation is committed to ensuring that diocesan institutions and ministries provide a safe and nurturing environment for children, young people and vulnerable individuals. In compliance with the U.S.C.C.B. Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, and if appropriate to the applicant, the Catholic Foundation may request that the applicant provide a copy of its certificate of completion for the Diocese of Pueblo Safe Environment training program.
6. All Grant Applications must be approved by the Pastor/Administrator, Principal or other Authorized Officer of your organization. Online applicants will receive a printable sheet in the confirmation email to sign and return to the Catholic Foundation.
7. By submitting the signed Grant Application the applicant expressly agrees to comply with the Catholic Foundation’s request(s) for publicity materials regarding the proposed project.
What Does the Catholic Foundation Fund?
The purpose of the grant request should carry out one or more of the specific mission categories of the Catholic Foundation’s grants program, stated as follows:
“The mission of the grants program of the Catholic Diocese of Pueblo Foundation is to extend the Gospel mission of the Roman Catholic Church across the Diocese of Pueblo in the areas of faith formation, stewardship formation, religious education and worship.”
Please refer to the following general definitions of the mission categories:
- Faith Formation. The formation of the faithful through a process of explicit reflection on the Gospel and the individual person. This reflection seeks to understand how the Gospel changes the individual through a given activity.
- Stewardship Formation. Leading the faithful to greater generosity of self through practices of prayer (time), ministry and service (talent) and charitable giving (treasure), as well as promotion of vocations and care for the community at large.
- Religious Education. The traditional and straightforward teaching of the Catholic faith using programs and materials approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Worship. The promotion of regular forms of Catholic prayer and devotion, especially the Liturgy (Mass, Divine Office, Sacraments, Adoration/Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament).